Powered By Blogger

Sunday, August 12, 2007

“Let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths”

You know, tonight is a new moon. You know what that means! Well...no, you don't. I don't either. I mean, if you had Mr. Mesic, he preached something about tides and new moon...but I'm not sure what. It's summer, and after I finished that pesky regents exam, oh Lordy. I could feel all of my knowledge of Earth Science escape me like air from a deflating balloon. Well, regardless of said knowledge, tonight is going to be a special night. Tonight there is a meteor shower! The Earth has found itself stuck in the tail of a passing comet, and the particles from its tail will burn while hurtling through our atmosphere. It should be quite a show tonight, when it peaks around 1:00AM, with up to one meteor per minute. This meteor shower can be seen from Westphalia to Tiananmen Square; from Billy Joel's house to the African Congo; from Warwick to Warwick, and all around the world. Well, I must go give my doggie his medicine. I'll post again today, that's a promise. =\

0 comments: