Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 25, 2008

Keeping tabs - Schedule inside

I'm back home. Long Island was amazing. I was only supposed to stay for one week, but that soon stretched into four. I spent the entire time with my aunt, uncle, and cousin, who's 24. She's a sister to me, we have so much fun together, and my aunt and uncle are more like my second parents. They have a dog, too. His name is Bentley, but I'll post more about him when I finally get these stupid pictures out of my new phone. I have way too many stories for one post, but here's one of my favorites:

I went out with my aunt and uncle and a few of their friends that I'm close with, too. Their names were Kevin, Lisa, Ginny, Mike, Rob, and Fran. Fran is a TON of fun, she lives down the street. (Maybe I should have started off by saying that my aunt and uncle live on a street of 22 houses. 20 of the houses are very social with each other. They often do big breakfasts outside in the street with all of them together, and they do an annual block party. The chemistry on the street is amazing. All seem to have an open-door policy, and if you're ever bored, just walk down the street and plop yourself in someone's home. It's really awesome.) We all decided we wanted to go to this restaurant in Patchogue (pronounced PATCH-aw-g) which was about 15 minutes away. It was called the Oar House. It was a very nice restaurant, fairly large and on the docks of the Great South Bay. We had a reservation for 9. With a RESERVATION, the wait was roughly an hour. That's all fun though, the adults got drinks from the bar, and I ordered a coke, on the rocks, of course. [[insert eye roll here]] It was all good, Fran and I sat apart from the rest of the crowd and talked while watching the Met game. FINALLY a lady came to us and said our table was ready. Just for kicks, my uncle said emphatically, "But we're not hungry anymore!" The lady looked back, snarled, and continued walking swiftly to show us to our seats. Not even a chuckle. What a stick in the mud. Well, we sat under this awning right off of the docks, on a large round table. I had my back facing the docks. It was a beautiful night. In the distance, fireworks could be heard and the faint white flashes lit up the pitch-black sky. The waitress took FOREVER to finally come to our table and give us menus. I'm not sure what I had to drink (might have been a San Pellegrino, but it doesn't matter, right? We ordered our drinks, and they took about 20 minutes to come. Alright, that's cool. Luckily the ice hadn't yet melted. We order appetizers right after. I ordered a few baked clams. The special of the night was BBQ Shrimp on a corn pancake. Sounds odd, but many people ordered that. After that we got salads. (By this time I was full, and about an hour had gone by.) We got this cool italian bread that you dunk in italian seasoning and olive oil. It was delicious. We ordered food. Fran and myself had the seafood fra diavolo. (Penne pasta in a mild marinara sauce topped with clams, mussels, scallops, and shrimp.) A few people ordered seared tuna, among other things. Every dish except for Fran's and mine came out EXTREMELY cold. One dish of seared tuna was taken off of the menu, and the owner gave us a round of free drinks (dessert for me.) The drinks took 3 days to come. Instead of giving me a dessert menu, they came with a platter of freshly made deserts. I chose the fried cheesecake & bananas flambet, and they prepared a fresh one for me. It was absolutely delicious, but before I get to that, our waitress decided to take a large round platter, and pile all of our dinner dishes on top of it. As she went inside, she dropped the entire platter, we heard porcelain and glass shatter, and 3 very sharp, loud screams. The glass slit the calf of another employee, and it was a very bloody, deep gash. While she was screaming, you could hear the owner shushing her, which I found horrible. They weren't going to take her to the hospital, to avoid a worker's comp case or a lawsuit. My friend Mike called 911, and after asking him a thousand things, the ambulance came. The conversation went a little like this: **M for Mike** 911: Hello, 911, what's your emergency? M: Uh, a lady here in the Oar House in Patchogue just cut her leg on some glass, shes a waitress. 911: How old is she? M: Uh, I don't know, couldn't be more than 24 or 25. 911: What restaurant, sir? M: The Oar House, in Patchogue. 911: What's the approximate location? M: Uh, I'm not sure, I don't live around here, I'm sorry. 911: I can't bring it up in the map... M: Miss, she's bleeding a lot, can't you just trace this call? 911: What's your name, sir? M: Mike *insert last name here* 911: How old are you? M: 43. 911: Where do you live? M: Sayville, NY, but does it really matter? 911: Sir, I can't find the address. **Mike calls the attention of a waitress, who tells him it's the intersections of West Street and Montauk Highway** 911: An ambulance will be there shortly. -END- The ambulance took about 20 minutes. All was good, and she went to the hospital. Our waitress went with her. We decided to leave after that, and we got the bill, which was $450. We double checked it, and it only added up to $405. My uncle argued with a waitress until she let up and let him pay $405. After that, we went to the bar to see Micheal Phelps's last race. I was standing next to Rob, and quietly he said, jokingly, "Oh, I hope he drowns." Everyone in the bar glared at him. I watched the US relay win another amazing one, and we went back to my uncle's house, all of us, for some late night fun, where we played a game involving money. I won. Three times. More about that later. In other news, a certain someone by the name of Jess and I have reconnected. Just for those of you that have been asking incessantly, as it's a little annoying. (You know I'm just kidding, right? About the annoying part. Jess and I actually HAVE spoken.) GOODNIGHT! MORE STORIES ABOUT LI TO COME. My schedule is very messed up:
  1. French 1, Merritt
  2. English 10H - Brozycki-Smith
  3. Study Hall/Earth Science Lab (going to change)/Gym DEF - Matteson
  4. Spanish 3 - Murphy WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH (I hope they don't change that)
  5. Global 2H - O'Connor WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH
  6. Earth Science (Going to change)
  7. Studio Art 2/Photography WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH - Manno/Cooper
  8. Geometry (Gonna change)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha sounds like the locater at the 911 station needs to be updated =P. I didn't think it would take that long. Sounds like a fun schedule too. You must take earth science allllllll over again bwhahahaha