Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 28, 2008

More than just a town

Before I get into the meat of my post, (sorry vegetarians, maybe I should say the asparagus of my post) I want you to take a look at Michelles blog, at this post. I'm a fan of How I Met Your Mother, and I'm semi-familiar to Les Mis, so it's all good. I just saw a member of the Eisenhower family give a speech at the Democratic National Convention. Let's repeat that again. I just saw a member of the Eisenhower family give a speech at the Democratic National Convention. Why is this such a problem? This is like a paradox. This is like telling me I need to dry myself off with a hose. It's like telling me to brush my dog with yarn. ITS LIKE TELLING CHIARA TO...actually, idk what, and I don't feel like being mean ;-). She's a republican, as is the family, most notably the grandfather, who was the president. Unity is a beautiful thing, as you can see American flags pumping in the air, in rythm to "YES WE CAN!" and "SI SE PUEDE" (Yes they can - kind of a modified yes we can - it carries the same meaning.) Now Bruce Springsteen songs are blasting. This is something we'll talk about when we're 80. "Where were you when Barack accepted the nomination, in front of a crowd of nearly 100,000?"

0 comments: