Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Cuppin Fuffin

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and while Thanksgiving is a time for wonderful get-togethers, my family doesn't go crazy over Thanksgiving. You see, I guess we're a weird bunch. We celebrate Christmas much larger than Thanksgiving, with three gatherings, not one. Our first gathering is traditionally the Saturday before Christmas, which, this year, is the 21st. We all meet in my Great-grandmother's apartment in Harlem (far north Manhattan.) After that, we meet for the most special gathering, at my grandmother's house here in Warwick on Christmas Eve. My grandmother cooks a feast, and I bake some desserts to bring. Usually I make those pre-made cookies, but I'm feeling something different this year. We gather around 2:00PM, and more people gather throughout the night, until we have somewhere in the realm of 15 or so. We sing, play guitar, and have a nice time. My aunt and I run around with cameras and video cameras, documenting the night. After dinner, (which, as I said before, is a feast fit for a king) we head to a local Catholic chapel, where, my grandfather who's a Catholic preacher, gives mass. This goes until just before midnight. We drive back to my grandmother's house where we all open gifts. My aunt and I, once again, run around with cameras. Everyone gets home by around 2:00AM, by this time it's Christmas morning. This year we're hopefully beginning a new tradition. The day after Christmas, which is a Friday this year, our family is heading to Sayville, Long Island, about two hours out, to gather at my uncle's house. We're going to spend the day there and exchange more Christmas spirit. I will most likely spend the following week there and celebrate New Year's with them as well. It should be much fun. The entire purpose of this post was really to get down to the point that I made some pumpkin muffins, but I didn't want to just come out and say GUESS WHAT I MADE MUFFINS.

I made pumpkin muffins, GUYS! And they're DAMNED GOOD!

0 comments: