Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 22, 2007

“Love may exist without jealousy, although this is rare; but jealousy may exist without love, and this is common”

Well, the carnival is in town! Everything is nuts. I can see everyone running/skateboarding/driving/wallowing/trudging/JUST GOING to the park from my window. (You kind of almost have to walk down my street to get in.) Well, I went two nights ago, and Jess and Meghan were there. I hung around with them. Okay, I learned something new. Rule #1: When with Jess, if she says get on a ride, DO IT. If you don't...ahhh....there is no, "If you don't." She yanked us with her to go on this ride. Well, Meghan and I have this phobia of amusement rides. We...pretended not to, but kept giving eachother astranged looks. Yes, we were scared. And it was only the CLIFFHANGER! What's there to be afraid of? Well, it spins, not too fast, but quite fast, and, at its peak, hits about a 65-degree angle. So, we were scared. Oh, and nothing is really holding you in but a large metal knob...in a very uncomfortable spot. So, pull towards the front as hard as you can. Or...you will be in pain, gentlemen. This ride, seemingly harmless when I first saw it, was obviously nocuous. My good Lord, you would think you would fling off one of those arms, and off into the woods. Dead. Either that, or on the decline, your feet would hit the gate behind you. Ah, so so so scary. WELL. SHE WASN'T SCARED ONE BIT. She made me go on this monstrosity. Well, to make a laborious story short, Meghan and I did it. And I want to go back. I might go in a bit to ride it again =]. FUNNEL CAKE, ANYONE?

0 comments: